Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Ciaramella
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I have owned this game since the day it came out but never had the right group to play with. We finaly decided to give it a go tonight. Eveyone was impressed with the bits and the artwork so set up was fun. Getting the game going was not that much of a problem for 3 players. It took about 30 minutes to set up and get the armies placed for the first turn. None of us had played Risk in a long time so we worked through the rules slowly at first and then picked up the pace as we went. The biggest complaint was the amount of things to do in ones turn. We felt like the game could have been streamlined and played a little smoother had they combined or eliminated a few of the phases of a turn. Risk is a real dicefest, so you have to like this sort of thing. Bad rolls can destroy any strategy you may have had in mind and a superior force does not mean victory. Due to a few mistakes in the rules we ended the game on the 3rd epoch and vowed to take it out again some other night. Overall I dont think this is a game we will play very often due to the extream amount of dice rolling and long game times. I am a little disapoited, I really though this would be a game I would love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.