Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: September 3rd, 2004

Game: TransAmerica

Players: Ali, Farshid, Ivan (my son), Roberta, Tai and Valdir (myself)

On September 3rd I hosted yet another boardgaming night at work. This time we had three newbies attending: Tai (Vietnamese), Farshid (Iranian) and Roberta (Brazilian, like myself). The "veterans" were Ali, myself and my son Ivan.

As we were six and the only game I had with me that could handle six players was TransAmerica, that’s the one we started with. The fact that other than Ivan and myself nobody around the table had played it yet was also a factor in choosing it, of course…

I quickly explained the rules and we played a round with the cards open on the table, so that I could give them hints on strategy, what to do next, etc. Farshid, who arrived late, watched as we played this training round.

After having finished this "open" round (won by Ivan) we counted the points lost by each player to show the newcomers how the score is kept and off we went for our real game. Farshid joined us and won the first round. Second round went to Ivan and third was Ali’s. In this round both Roberta and Tai crossed the barrier (which was sitting at 3) ending the game. The winner was Farshid, who had kept 10 of his 13 original points. Ali was second with 8, Ivan and I were tied with 5, Roberta had 2 and Tai was lost somewhere in the Pacific...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.