United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a argument I had in a game of Scattergories a long time ago.

The category was 'Stores' I think. The letter was 'L'. I put 'L. L. Bean' and was the only person that put that. They only gave me 1 point, not the 2 I felt I deserved.

Was I robbed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tanner
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fanaka66 (#52764),

Nah, I don't think you were robbed...the 2 points are usually only scored when both the 1st and 2nd words start with the same letter. Technically the 2 "L's" were just one word. And the 2pts. is usually just scored for titles and proper names.

I have a question for you: with the Athletes catergory do you think it should be the type of athelete, i.e. football player for example or the name of an athlete, i.e. Donovan McNabb?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Leary
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
K-Swift (#70557),
I would personally say it should be the [/i]names of athletes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Leary
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
K-Swift (#70557),
Questions for you or anyone, for a sport should Tennis and Table Tennis be allowed as not the same answers if they meant normal tennis and not ping pong? Its a content issue vs key word.

Also, for things in kitchen, would toast and toaster be unique and acceotable words or does the root of each being the same disallow them?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tanner
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joleary4 wrote:
K-Swift (#70557),
Questions for you or anyone, for a sport should Tennis and Table Tennis be allowed as not the same answers if they meant normal tennis and not ping pong? Its a content issue vs key word.

Also, for things in kitchen, would toast and toaster be unique and acceotable words or does the root of each being the same disallow them?
Thanks!

I would say that if Tennis was meant as normal tennis and table tennis as ping pong then yes. And I would accept both answers for things in the kitchen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.