United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the game tonight and hope to give it a run-through tomorrow. A couple of questions...

1) What have people done to get the bent plastic pieces back to normal and/or keep them from bending again?

2) The game shop I bought the game from gave me a copy of Game Trade magazine, the one with Scenario 17s - St-Lo, The Attack on Hill 192 in it. In the article, it mentions a second scenario, Operation Greenwood, the natural follow-up to the events around St-Lo, that would be released in early June and given to resellers who pre-ordered M44. Did this ever happen? Does anyone have this scenario?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re:Bent Pieces and St-Lo Scenario
mwda (#52804),

??? sounds dangerous. Maybe try it with a mate's set first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwda (#52804),

Drop them in boiling water for a few seconds and they will reshape to their original form.

???
After reading this post, I thought, hmmm, ok, why not?
Yeah, I live dangerously. I'm a Geek on the edge. A Wild Geek! cool

So for those of you who want to know the results, here it is:
I had one bowl of boiling water, and one bowl of cold water.
I dropped the pieces in one at a time.
And I waited a varying range of 1 to 5 minutes.
(Umm, no the pieces didn't melt, much to my disappointment)

The Results:
Partial success. Some pieces did reshape slightly, but not by much, and not satisfactorily enough.

Recommendations:
I did find however, that the hot water softened the plastic enough for you to reshape it by hand. Upon achieving the correct shape, drop them into cold water.

I amused myself by pretending to be a blacksmith for a short while. Dip in hot water, shape, dip in cold water.
Repeat. Much entertainment to be had. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
fanaka66 (#52803),

Per another post or two, I subbed green and gray minis from the Eagles game Attack! for the artillery. They look like howitzers and not AT guns and come in two sizes. Note there are only 5 of the larger ones on a sprue.

Also there are 5 artillery pieces in Mission Command Land that are rigid plastic in green and tan/brown.

Jeez, potentially one short whichever way you go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.