Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Blackbeard» Forums » General

Subject: I have had this game for almost 6 years and I havnt played the game once!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I cant understand the darn rules for the life of me angry I have set it up at least 15 times and looked over the rules and I cant decipher it. Man, AH really couldnt write rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:I have had this game for almost 6 years and I havnt played the game once!!
galeninjapan (#52859),
Trade it or sell it and get something you want. That's what I normally do.

However, for some strange reason I traded Blackbeard for X-Men Under Siege. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galeninjapan (#52859),

Get rid of a pirate game? ???

Are you crazy!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I sold mine for big bucks on ebay after holding onto it for 5 years without ever getting it to the table.

With so many great games out there, how can anyone talk their friends into what looked like an hour of rules explanations - and that is before you can even start. It might be a cool game (and I like Pirates too!), but if it is occupying shelf space that can get filled by something friends are willing to play - then out the door she goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Groß
Germany
Unspecified
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mb
shaveandahaircut (#53450),
This game really isn't as complicated as the rules make it seem.
I have just completed my first solo session and have grasped all the rules I believe.

What would have been REALLY helpful would have been a reference sheet to look up how to resolve common situations (Port Attacks, the taking of Merchant ships, blockades etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Kleinherne
Germany
Kassel
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Napalm (#55034),

I agree, it's not that complicated, but in my opinion not worth the necessary investment of time while there are so many other games out there which are easy to grab and even fun. I can imagine only two reasons for playing this one: the solo-game-playability and the pirate-theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.