Popular Tags: [View All]
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at the picture of the painted BC figs here at this site and it really enhanced the game. I was pondering painting the figs from 2 sets when it suddenly hit me - I have 2/3 of Gettsburg already painted! I played over 100 games of Fire and Fury including 10 campaigns of 7 games each. My players all got married, moved or bored and left me alone with my figs. Guess what? They fit very nicelly onto the BC battle board. I use 4 stands of Infantry, including a command stand (with flag), for a unit that looks great on the board. 3 stands of Cav, 2 unlimbered guns and individual Division Leaders round out my units. You have to turn the Leaders sideways to fit with a full Infantry unit but big deal. I saved myself tons of time painting crappy plastic when I have loads of lead that need my attention.
Fire and Fury is a fantastic miniature system but getting it going took sooooooo much time! The paperwork for the campaigns, changing status of the units, terrain set-up and working out variant rules for the campaigns all took a lot of time. It would take me 3 hours just to prepare a game that would take 2-4 hours to play. I'm having so much more fun just playing all the Battle Cry scenarios (submitted ones included) in chronological order as a campaign. Set-up and play rarely take longer than an hour.
On the same note, I was hoping the terrain from Heroscape would fit BC and Memoir'44 but they come up just a wee bit to small. Oh, well, the terrain will work fantastic with a lot of my collectable miniature games in their own format or morphed into Heroscape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.