Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to you all!
I have a doubt:
a section of the english translation of the rules posted here in the files section differs from the BSW rules.
Since I have this game in german with a german language rule booklet and I speak no german I do not know if it is a mistranslation or BSW is using different rules like in the case of the Medina game.

Suppose you have to draw 2 cards to replenish you hand (you have only one card in your hand).
You picked the 1st card from the face-up pair.
So now there is only one card face-up.
Reading the Rule file ["If a player takes one or two face up cards, then one or two are immediately turned face up from the face down deck. Face up cards always number two."] it seems that before the player takes the 2nd card, a card must be taken from the deck and laid face-up to replace the one just taken.
On the contrary BSW replaces cards only after you have replenished your hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo B.
Italy
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re:replacing face up cards
masdero (#53352),

It seems that BSW implementation, replacing cards only at the end, corresponds to the original german rule. The game is available online at this site too: http://www.onlinebrettspiele.de/old/kuk/?en

and here is one of the questions in that site's faq:
After drawing a face-up card, shouldn't the drawn card be replaced with another one from the deck, before the player chooses their next card to draw?
The german rules (I only own the german board game edition) are clear: After the player has filled up his hand cards, the face-up cards are filled up from the desk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
masdero (#53352),

Every time I've played this game, we've replaced the cards as soon as one has been picked, so that there are always two cards face-up from which to choose. This could very well be one of those infamous rule changes that Jay Tummelson makes when he prints the English versions of Eurogames, but I was unaware that the German rules were different.

This is good to know! I'll have to try it with the correct rules and see if it makes much of a difference in the game. It seems that it would add more luck to the game, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto (#53395),
is there a comprehensive list of these changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.