Popular Tags: [View All]
Teague Webb
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirty Minds is a humorous, word-guessing, party-type game for 2-4 players, with the twist that the humor requires the players to have dirty minds. After the laughter, however, the players must be able to overcome their dirty thoughts because the answers are all clean.

The setup- Each player has their own clue book. Each is filled with lists of clean words, which each have three clues worded to make the answer seem dirty. The cards (more on them later) are placed face down in a pile in the center of the playing area.

The play- On your turn, the player to your left reads you the clues to a word. If you guess it right, you get one card if it took all three clues, 2 if it took only 2 clues, and 3 if you got it on the first clue. The card(s) are drawn from the pile in the center. Play continues to the left, with each player’s clues being read by the player on their left. Once a word and its clues are used, they are checked off in the booklet.

The cards- There are several types of cards: (see image)

1) Letter cards- These have the various letters in the word Dirty, one letter per card
2) Wild cards- can be substituted for any letter card
3) Take two- discard to draw two more
4) Lose a card- discard a card in addition to this one
5) – These cards have no effect

Winning- The first player to be able to spell “Dirty” with their cards wins.

My thoughts- This is a VERY simple game that can elicit a lot of laughs with the right group/atmosphere. Even though the answers are all clean, the clues are written to get dirty minds thinking, so it still may be offensive to some. I’ve really had fun playing this at times, but the novelty has mostly worn off. Even so, I rate it as a 5, because I could still be talked into it and would probably have fun, but there are MANY other games I would rather play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.