Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played this a lot lately but unlike Settlers I haven't tired of it. The key word in the game for me is Tension. Can you afford to wait before building that key route and risk someone else doing so? This time Steve and I took additional tickets right at the start in the hope that this would allow us to plan more. This worked for Steve who got some big tickets and, if I'm honest would have been ok for me if I hadn't run out of time and failed to connect San Francisco to Atlanta (worth 17) by 2 cards (which I had in my hand). Steve and Grant also got caught out by this and it does demonstrate that getting all your train routes out before everyone else has had the opportunity to deploy theirs is a viable option. We almost ran out of cards to draw at one point such was everyone's intention to build their hand up but Pete was the first to crack and build a long zig zag route down the middle of the board. However, we allowed Steve to connect his high scoring west-east coast tickets fairly easily and despite Pete ending the game before the rest of us were ready, Steve ran out easy winner for his first success at the game.
Final scores: Steve - 132, Michael - 85, Pete - 82, Grant - 81

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.