Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Melnyk
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A check with Vancouver-area Wal-Marts found Heroscape is not in stock, and is not even on the incoming order list.

Very frustrating when retailers in Canada drop the ball like this. Hopefully ToysRUs or somebody else will have more sense.

Anybody finding the game in the frozen north, please advise.
- Vlad48

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Not in Canada
vlad48 (#53665),

I checked it out with a Wal-Mart Store Manager, and he told me that Wal-Mart Canada is completely seperate from Wal-Mart USA. In some instances then, certain products are unavailible to Walmart Canada, and unfortunately Heroscape is one of them.

The official word at the moment is: Walmart will not be stocking Heroscape.

Personally, I wonder if this could change once copies are more readily availible from Hasbro (i.e. just in time for Christmas).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Melnyk
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
otrex (#53954),
Thinking about this, it's probably due to some frustrating rule about French-English packaging on the box.
It is so annoying not to be able to access good products, or have to pay much more for them, just a few miles north of the US border.
I will need to lean on friends in the States to get this one; if anyone sees it in the frozen north, let us know.
- Vlad48

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pass
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vlad48 (#54276),
I've got three copies in the frozen North (actually sorta rainy and cool today).

Of course, they were purcahsed by a friend who was travelling through the states and happened to be in the right place at the right time!

Two for me, and one for a Christmas gift (really!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vlad48 (#53665),
a canuck on yahoo groups says its in the toys r us warehouse in canada and soon to be distributed your way soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yanik D'Aigle
Canada
Yellowknife
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vlad48 (#53665),
Just thought that I'd let the folks in the Great White North know that I have checked both Walmart Canada and Toys R Us Canada and was told 2 things. Doesn't look like Walmart is getting it anytime soon. Toys R Us on the other hand do at least have it in their system.

It won't be here t'il at least the 19th of September (their shipping log was only showing t'il the week of the 18th and it does not appear in any of the current shipments) but I did get the SKU# for the game. The sku# for Heroscape is 155233.

So instead of waisting time and gas driving to Toys R Us 3 times a week (as I know a lot of you have) to see if it's there, just call them and ask them to check if they have the item in stock. This way the clerk doesn't have to have spellcheck enabled over the phone when you simply give them the number instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Not in Canada - YES IT IS
bobafett6666 (#54432),

Thanks for the SKU - I managed to track down a copy of Heroscape in Toronto at the Toys-R-Us at Yonge/Eglinton and picked it up.

I also spoke with Dufferin Mall (dufferin/S of Bloor) toys-r-us and they were supposedly in the back being unloaded from a truck to be put on shelf as of Friday Oct 1st so they should be on shelf most everywhere now I imagine.

No sign of booster packs yet, just the game. It's in the board games section.

Xombe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.