Peter R.
Italy
Bozen
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We decided in playing three times in a row this game, each time a other player would get the startplayer.
The first to begin was Andy who started by choosing the Mayor. Apo choose the Prospector as his first card. This enabled me to play the Builder and start my city with the Library! My second building was the Poor House and my third building was the Prefecture. Needless to say, I had no problem in winning this game with many points difference:
Peter:40
Andy:30
Apo:28
The second game was quite different, as each of us tried a very different strategy, each one seemingly having the same success. Andy went for the Guild hall, Apo went for the City hall and I tried to build all monuments with the Triumphal Arch.
Andy managed to build 5 Production buildings, Apo builded 9 violet buildings and I managed to build all four buildings. But Andy got lucky in getting the Palace and finishing the game by building it.
The final score in this second round was much closer:
Peter:31
Andy:32
Apo:30
The last round began. I started but couldn't keep up with the others who where building at a very high speed. I missed many rounds by just one card and was forced to build smaller useless buildings just to keep up with them.
I had started very well with a Market Hall, normally a very powerfull building to start with. But as both of them only builded one Sugar Mill and no other Production building I had a very hard time to get some cards. I had to produce and sell by myself when the others both had builded Prefecture and Library and where getting cards by using Prospector and Mayor. My only chance was to build a Chapel to get at least some points when building smaller buildings. Apo eventually builded City Hall and Triumphal Arch. I had managed to build the Guild Hall, but had just 3 Production buildings. At last Apo builded even a Palace so the victory was sealed.
Final score:
Peter:26
Andy:21
Apo:41
All in all a very nice evening. The others where still in the mood for a Masquerade, but I had to leave and so the gaming evening came to an end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.