Attika» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin, Andy, Roger and I played a round of Attika to finish off the gaming night. I started out and found a really sweet spot in the middle of the board where I placed some tiles. Roger and Martin started out in a corner each and Andy of course had to start right next to me cutting me off from several good spots. I hate him!

My next turn I actually started a new settlement across the board to close in some good hexes while Martin and Roger expanded across the board in a move to quickly connect two temples. Andy like me went more for a good place to build as many buildings as possible. After some turns I got really closed in on all sides had no chance of getting a temple to temple line unless a put out some new gameboard tiles. I did have most buildings on the board and I actually though no one was going to win the quick way. Andy tried but got blocked by Roger who then placed a new gameboard tile so it was impossible for Andy to connect those temples. At this point Martin was very close to get that temple line built himself but I cut him off somewhat. The next turn his only chance was to get a free building before I closed off the last hex as he had no cards in hand and I was certain of building there on my turn. Of course he got exactly what he needed (a Tower) and won.

This is a very nice game with lots of strategy and some luck. I think much of the criticism of this game is undeserved as we all enjoy playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.