Attila» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin, Andy, Roger, Ola and I played a round of Attila to start off the gaming night. Only Martin and Andy had played it before and only a couple of times each so no one had any real grasp of the best strategies here.

Andy, Ola and Martin all went mostly for yellow while me and Roger tried a more diversified strategy. The problem was that I mostly drew yellow cards which I tried to get rid off all the time. The game progressed and there were hard fighting over the control over most colours except blue that no one wanted (actually only one blue pawn was one the board for most of the game). Yellow won several areas early on which gave those players supporting yellow a lot of points early on in the game. I tried a grey strategy with grey pawn in as many areas as possible and it worked well until I totally stopped drawing grey support cards and Andy (the copycat) and Roger could both pass me. I dabbled in green too which was good as many greys got eliminated when the areas were resolved. In the end I realized I couldn’t win but that I could get second if I closed the last area with two cards even though I didn’t advance on the control track.

In the end Ola took a solid win with me and martin coming in second just one point a head of Andy who were a couple of points a head of Roger who had been quite unlucky I think.

We liked the game but all agreed on that it would probably be even better with fewer players as you had very little control with 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.