Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Pool
United States
Carmel Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JuJu and I tried playing two games of StreetSoccer with each of us holding 12 standard playing cards (two suits of Ace through 6) and playing a card each turn instead of rolling the die. All other rules were the same except that with 24 cards total we played for "24 minutes" instead of 25.

Both of our games were 2-1, with me losing both times. In the second game, I took advantage of an early opportunity to score but then gave up all my high cards defending my goal to the point where I couldn't come back after she scored her two goals. I almost needed to hold back and build that perfect score with the best combination of cards.

We thought cards gave the game a bit more tactics and a new spin on a familiar game. You essentially had a finite amount of player stamina to work with, and the easy goal in the beginning didn't necessarily lead to a win in the end.

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.