Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kuznick
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm in the middle of buying Heroscape at Wal Mart and behind me in line are an approximately 6 year old girl and her mother. As I'm paying, she suddenly asks me "Who are you buying that Lego for?" (side note: That's pretty cute already that a little girl equates a big colorful box with monsters on it with Lego). I say "Me!". She pauses for a few seconds and says "Who are you really buying that for?"

If she was a bit older I would have said "Well, I was going to tell my wife it's for my son, but since he's only 8 months old, I don't think she's going to go for it".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Cute WalMart story
Hehe. The thing is, I bet I could tell a similar story if I were to drag my copy of the game to the office. Sadly, the American public at large still equates games with kids, unless it's a 'party' game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Trump wrote:
Hehe. The thing is, I bet I could tell a similar story if I were to drag my copy of the game to the office. Sadly, the American public at large still equates games with kids, unless it's a 'party' game.

well, to be fair, this game definitely comes in a box that is marketed towards 8-year-olds. (although I have to admit, I also find the box for the game oddly appealing.)

On a related funny note, I bought a copy of Avalon Hill's Titan. On the cover there is a prominent sticker: "Ages 8+"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Zakeri
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
iucounu wrote:
On a related funny note, I bought a copy of Avalon Hill's Titan. On the cover there is a prominent sticker: "Ages 8+"

The old Avalon Hill version of Third Reich was also for 8+. The newer Avalance Press version has like 1/3 the rules and the box says 14+

Now does that mean that AH overestimated kids? Or that people are getting dumber? Hmmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.