Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't gotten my hands on this game yet, but I am intrigued, especially since I am a fan of miniature games in addition to all of my euro style games.
I am wondering if the turn choices would be better if they were a little more like Battlefleet Gothic...if you could move your ships, and then fire with them as well. I realize that this is what the captain allows you to do, so it would render the captain somewhat useless unless you came up with another rule for them. Or perhaps you could only move half your distance if you wanted to fire a volley. It just seems a little risky to move into range, and not be able to fire and be at the mercy of your opponents. As I said, I haven't played the game yet, so maybe it isn't as big of an issue as I am making it out to be...comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palpatine (#54298),

I had the same thought. Alas I have only tried the game once and it was a trial where I played against myself so I gave (assumed) each ship had a captain. One idea I had from looking at another game (Evil Stevie's Pirate Game) was to have each player plot the movement of each ship and move simultaneously. I haven't tried this and it makes a simple game more involved, especially measuring angles and all. Not sure what to do with the captains then but I never received a single captain even though I have loads of ships so no biggie maybe?

Cheers,
Damien

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.