Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Budelman
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Ticket to ride is a terrific game that seems to work well for all combinations of 2 to 5 players. My wife and I both enjoy it. My partner and I invent games, and I aspire to invent ones that are as much fun as this one. Pickyness about the placement of cities is a little overboard, but I aspire to make our games educational, so it is a valid criticism. The game is so much fun I did not give it any thought until I read some of the reviews and comments here.

The strategy that seems to work best for 5 players is to hoard cards until you have your major obstacles covered.

The only weakness in the game I have found is the ticket system. It is particularly weak for 2 player, but an analysis of the cities (a db of start and terminal destinations was used) showed that you can easily give away where you are headed for many tickets, allowing your opponents to block you fairly readily. I would vote for more tickets being available. My wife and I have tried a 4 ticket beginning with one made up by us that did not match any known ticket. It was interesting. One made up one and 3 drawn as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.