Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello
I've just bought BFW. It is my first wargame and miniature wargame and i have to say i am impressed (but why there is no knight in human starter deck ??)
But to the question: What happens in the situation like this:

1st:

0AAA0
0DRD0
00D00

2nd:

0AAA0
0DRD0
00D00

A - Atacker
D - Defender (or Defender unit)
R - unit which have just routed.
0 - empty space

After second rout test "R" unit should be moved by max. his movement. At 1st situation R unit just "fly over" D unit behind it and stays there, am i right ?? But what if its movement is so short that it would finish overlaping the behind unit ? Is it stays in place and is destroyed ??

The second situation, the same question: What if after movement (just after second rout test) R unit would be placed over the behind D unit? Does R unit stay in place and is killed or move to touch the behind D unit but not to overlap it ??

Thanks for answers.
i admire the idea of miniature game using cards, it made me try miniature wargaming. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no expert, but here is my take. I'm pretty sure you are never allowed to move through your own units (though you can briefly overlap while turning).

Seems I was wrong on the first case (see Chad's answer below).
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I believe in Case 1, R would be destroyed. If D was on close, it could be used as a back-up unit as per page 18 of the 2.2 rules under Back-up Unit and refill the hole in the line. I figure this is the case because R will be unable to disengage from the unit it was being attacked by and so will be killed due to routing rules.

For Case 2, I'm looking at page 14 of the 2.2 rules.

Quote:
If its [routing unit's] path runs into a friendly unit, it will stop for the turn. When it is time for the routing unit to move on its next Movement and Command Phase (you may rally it or move the friendly unit first), if it is still abutted against the friendly unit and still routing, pick up the routing unit and move it to the opposite side of the friendly unit. The friendly unit that the routing unit moved through may not move or shoot this turn, and takes a rout check in the Pre-Combat Courage Phase

You rout as far as you can, and you stop your movement if you hit a friendly, which means R would end up facing D if it could get that far, regardless if it could move farther.

Hope this helps (and is right).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless a unit is completely surrounded by enemy units there is almost always space to rout. Even if you have a unit directly behind it, the rules state that you have a tiny space to run.

If a routing unit has a clear path that would avoid hitting a friendly unit and doing so would maximize its distance from the unit(s) it's running from, it will do so. Otherwise, it will move up to the friendly unit and stop. If it is not rallied during your next movement and command phase it will move through that unit and that unit must then take a rout check. (I've never seen this happen, since in almost all circumstances this would be a terrible play.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK Chad but what would be answer for both situations i described.
If there is an own unit directly behind routing unit i cannot find any clear path. Does it move diagonally ?? even overlaping during movement ?
If it is a small distance away like in 2nd situation does routing unit stops touching it or it runs diagonally (or using whatever path) like in "final rush" ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.