Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the concept of randomly shortening the game by advancing the turn counter for starting the tower in the market. What is the meaning of this? If my interpretation is correct, it would be possible to have a game end in only 2 full turns with the right rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:Market
ekted (#54618),

That's a lot of right rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
ekted (#54618),

The object is to make the game length uncertain. Some strategies are good for the longer run (Large Orders, Priveleges), some are better for the short run (Small Orders, Messages). Keeps players on their toes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted (#54618),

On average, the market will get hit 1 in 16 rolls.
In a 4 player game, that's one turn skipped in every 4.
Personally, I think it's quite an elegant way to add a random element to the game duration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze_uk (#54874),

Don't forget the ability to use a start any space card to skip a turn too.

This can be especially useful for the later players in the player order (and the last player especially) if it's the second to last round, and it looks like the other players will profit a lot more than you by another round. You can end the game prematurely, and potentially upset a lot of plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Emans
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I never played the game, but I will hopefully do so tonight.

When reading the rules, I questioned myself, whether the last player(s) can profit from placing the tower on the market?

It seems that is does, but there are other twists to this. So I don't know how this works in real. (In another thread on strategy, a houserule is introduced on skipping this market advancement).

Hopefully I will have my first play tonight!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.