Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this up for x-mas. I was reading about the possibility of doubling up bands for better range. What type of rubber bands does it use because I'd like to get a bag of extra bands in anticipation of playing tomorrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Lethbridge
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the tiny hair elastics that girls use to make braids/pigtails and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let you know, the game comes with quite a few more elastic bands than you need, even if you double them up on all the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Barfuss
United States
Sacramento
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
designer
I have just doubled up all my rubber bands and I am getting some serious firepower. Like "Jim Patching" said I still have extras!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Much thanks for the info folks.

Interesting note though, I only have 2 elastics extra with no doubling up. Maybe this is a North American release thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stejskal
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. My set came with two bags, one for the knights and one for the Orcs. I still have one bag of elastics to use!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Seth, I went to the garbage and checked....and surprise...I found a second bag of elastic bands caught inside one of the plastic bags that held some units.

Doc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Henderlight
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By "doubling-up" do you mean using two bands, or doubling over a single band to make it tighter? I have done the latter on some weapons and it has a significant effect. It seems adding another band would not do as much as far as increasing the firepower, though I haven't tried it. Has anyone tried both, and if so, which is a better solution?

One other quick question. Does anyone else find the triple catapult to have a short range? I doubled the band over on it and it helped, but everything still bounces right in front of the enemy's lines and then up and over the castle. To make it effective it needs to be moved forward about 6 inches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
titanteer wrote:
By "doubling-up" do you mean using two bands, or doubling over a single band to make it tighter? I have done the latter on some weapons and it has a significant effect. It seems adding another band would not do as much as far as increasing the firepower, though I haven't tried it. Has anyone tried both, and if so, which is a better solution?

One other quick question. Does anyone else find the triple catapult to have a short range? I doubled the band over on it and it helped, but everything still bounces right in front of the enemy's lines and then up and over the castle. To make it effective it needs to be moved forward about 6 inches.

Yeah? More firepower is offset by shorter range.

Problem solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.