Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game - me and Mary. Fortunately, the rules are well-written and straightforward. Nevertheless, we still forgot to pay 5million Euro the first several innovations!

I started off by firing 100 people, making my company more efficient. I made money the first few turns by selling resources, with few (if any) orders completed. M had quite a stockpile of raw materials for much of the game! I researched fairly evenly, first into productivity ("rationalization"??) so I could fill that first order, then in waste management - saved fuel economy for later. M concentrated early on in waste management, and was able to stay out of the yellow for most of the game (except once, when I drew the accident card and had just put her into the first step of yellow ... hah! ). I had so few orders initially that I, too, stayed in green - the first several accidents did absolutely nothing to us. Eventually, raw materials became tighter for me, and M was low on cash (wish I'd tracked how low!) so I spent a few turns buying materials from her. I continued to fire workers and improve my plant, concentrating later on on fuel efficiency so I could make the most out of my meager resources. I couldn't fill an order the round when M ended the game, and I hadn't been able to move back to green (was on 1st yellow space). I did save the bribery card, so I didn't have to move my factory to the left - but I did pay 6mill for that last accident. Final score was close: 69 for me, 67 for M (or possibly 70 - she may have paid 5million too much during the game).

Comments
I liked the mechanics of the game, although the theme isn't very interesting. It seems like a simple version of Goa, in that it shares some mechanics with that game: 3 areas to develop (vs. 5), with similar victory point progression (1 2 6 10 15); once-around auction, seller with final bid; player boards. (Fortunately, the rules here are much better written!). Fewer things are auctioned here (only raw materials; action cards chosen in turn order, which rotates vs. based on flag-auction) ... there seemed to be less tension. Hard to say after only one play, of course, but I think this will be better with 3 or 4 players. For now, 6/10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.