3 Posts

Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions on the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Penna
msg tools
Hi,

I just got the Traders & builders and the rules (at least in finnish) don't seem 100 % clear (or maybe it's just me being stupid).

Anyway, I shoot:

1) Can I really put a builder on a road or in a city, or a pig in a field, even if another player already has a follower and a builder and/or a pig there?

2) When placing a builder in a city or on a road, do I directly get to take a second tile, or do I have to wait for my next round?

2a) If I close a road or city with a builder, do I really still get to pick a bonus tile once more? (I guess this is what the booklet shows, but still it feels a bit contrary to the idea of the builder - i.e. to make people builde longer roads, not closing them!)

3) If two players have the same amount of farmers around a city, but only one of them has a pig there, does the "pigless one" get 4 points for the city, and the player with the pig 5 points for the city? (I'm following the original rules for scoring here).

Thanks in advance, and Happy holidays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonden wrote:
1) Can I really put a builder on a road or in a city, or a pig in a field, even if another player already has a follower and a builder and/or a pig there?

No. You can only place the Pig and the Builder on features where YOU already have a Meeple. Whether another player has Meeple there or not is irrelevant.

Quote:
2) When placing a builder in a city or on a road, do I directly get to take a second tile, or do I have to wait for my next round?

You don't get a bonus tile for placing the Builder. You get a bonus tile each turn you ADD a bonus tile to the feature where the Builder already is.

Quote:
2a) If I close a road or city with a builder, do I really still get to pick a bonus tile once more? (I guess this is what the booklet shows, but still it feels a bit contrary to the idea of the builder - i.e. to make people builde longer roads, not closing them!)

Yiou get the bonus tiel for adding a tile to the efaure where the Builder is. The fact that he is removed afterwards is irrelevant.

Quote:
3) If two players have the same amount of farmers around a city, but only one of them has a pig there, does the "pigless one" get 4 points for the city, and the player with the pig 5 points for the city? (I'm following the original rules for scoring here).

The owner of a Pig receives one additional point for each city supplied from that field. Someone without a Pig obviously don't receive the bonus point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Penna
msg tools
Thanks for the quick answer, Mik.

When it comes to my first question, yes, I did understand that I have to have a follower of my own in an area before I can put a builder there.

The question is (or, atleast, was) if I can put a builder on a road where another player has a thief (and possibly a builder), AND if I can put my pig in a field where there already is a pig.

The rulebook that came with the expansion says quite clearly that I can put a builder even if there is another builder in the area. But it does not say anything about the pigs.

But now I found a pdf with the rules for the "Big Box" and they seem to clearly allow you to place a pig where there already is a pig :-)
And I guess the BigBox-rules are official, arent they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.