Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Puerto Rico comes off the shelf again this week.....
A three player test between myself, Lloyd and Andy.

Lloyd was always going to be at a disadvantage, Andy and myself having played considerably more PR over the previous weeks. So when a peculiar plantation draw running very light on cash crops allowed me to get a tobacco monopoly and virtually forced both Andy and Lloyd into a shipping strategy, I felt my confidence growing early.

Lloyd and Andy, realising they were stuck in shipping strategies both went for early harbours whilst I, although trailing heavily on VPs, had managed to get a 4-crop factory up and running quite early on.

Eventually, Andy managed to get a coffee roaster going, but his subsequent trading merely helped add fuel to my fire, with my tobacco monopoly (maintained all the way through to game end!) generating piles of cash.

By game end, whilst Lloyd had scraped enough money together to have an operable wharf, and Andy managed to get a factory going, but I had managed to close the game out by building 3 (count 'em!) large buildings (GH, CH, Fo) and walked away with a comfortable win.

Final scores:

Lloyd 34 points
Andy 38 points
Ben 45 points

Puerto Rico was enjoyed as usual - despite the outcome, Andy and Lloyd had a good time, having opted to have a battle for second place rather than assist eachother in bringing me down (I love my group's non-kingmaking attitude). As normal for a 3-player game, we whipped through it in a little over an hour.
The groups ongoing demand for PR continues......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.