Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Orlandi
Italy
Salsomaggiore
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hallo from Italy!
We have a doubt about a rule of Space Crusade.
When the alien places blip, he knows what the blip are?
Someone say that the alien have to places random blip because he can't know what monster is the blip token.
(Sorry for my bad english, do you have understand my question?). The rules don't speak about this but it's important because it can change the game! If the alien knows what blip are, he can organize a strategy, but if he place random blip, without to know what monster are until they are discovered, it's a different style of playing...

Can you help me?
Thanks,
Navarre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arttu Ylärakkola
Finland
Helsinki
-
flag msg tools
Re:A question about placing blip
navarre (#54897),

Short answer:
We always allow the alien player to look at the blips

Long answer:
My group always played it so that the alien player can look at any of his blips at all times and so know which blips he places and where to place them - he's the "alien commander" after all so isn't it only natural that he knows where his troops are?

Actually I don't see any point playing the game in a different way. For example if you have a mission in which the alien player has one destructor as a sort-of "end-of-level boss" it'd be kind of stupid if the destructor appeared at the beginning of the mission.

An example: in the mission where the marines have to escape from a ship, our alien player placed one destructor and two androids to "secure" the only exit door. Of course none of us marine players knew that until one of us finally discovered it:"Just as I was going to get safely home there are some REALLY bad guys guarding the exit - what are we going to do now? We are all going to die!!!".

Of course it's up to you to play it the way you prefer it, but I personally *STRONGLY* recommend that the alien player can freely look at/arrange any blips before he puts them on the board(s) (and of course secretly look at the already-placed blips just to remind him what is located where). It makes the game play much more exciting, the missions more structured (instead of just killing random monsters you can have a "mission-wide story arc") and I guess also the alien player will enjoy his play much more when he can make more tactical choices ("what monster to place when/where - which types of monsters do what things" etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Orlandi
Italy
Salsomaggiore
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re:A question about placing blip
Thanks a lot!
Navarre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.