Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Brooks
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't yet got the means to try this, but there now appear to be sufficient cards to make a direct dragon attracting strategy worthwhile.

Start with Terrah, as they've got the Storm cards (If I have more than one active Storm support card at the beginning of my turn, I immediately attract one dragon) and "Impress Holy Dragon" (Now I may discard cards with a total printed value of at least 8 Earth from my hand to attract one dragon). Add in "Beguile Holy Dragon" (Flit, 4 Moons, Now I may discard three character cards from my hand to attract one dragon) and "Charm Holy Dragon" (Vulca, 4 Moons, Now I may discard cards with a total printed value of at least 8 Fire from my hand to attract one dragon).

Use the Mutant "Den-bal-Ton". It's 8,8, and while it can normally only be played if behind in dragons, it can be discarded at any time to satisfy either "Charm" or "Impress".

"Redamikanas the Cartographer" (Hoax, 2 Moons, If you retreat, I attract one additional dragon) would fit, particulary played with a storm, but you'd have to get really lucky. So I think I'd go with "Shaman of the Here and Now" (Mimix, 2 Moons, Immediately after my Booster/Support phase, I search through my draw deck and may select one card, reveal it to you, and take it into my hand. Then I reshuffle.) to dig out a second storm, or the Mutant, as required.

I haven't really thought about the rest of the Terrah cards, other than that you'll need to be discarding lots of characters. Another Mutant, Neth-sur-Pot, at 5,5 might help with "Charm" or "Impress", though interpolation suggests that there's a yet-unseen mutant with fire somewhere between 5 and 8 that could be better; no-one (except Mr Dearlove) has that one at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:Dragon Attraction Strategy
Slow Dog (#55009),

An interesting idea, but I have one major concern. You aren't going to win very many battles since you will be so character poor. So though you may attract dragons directly you will be forced to retreat from a disproportionate number of battles, thus losing them right back.

I do like the idea of grouping "search" cards (Here and Now, or Afterworld) to augment the usefulness of the Storms. The strength of this is its flexibility - even if the Mimix cards don't get used for what you had planned for them they will still offer some usefulness.

The problem with a dedicated direct-dragon-attraction build is that it isn't very flexible. If you don't use those cards that you are importing for their intended use then they are wasting moons and a place in the deck.

All in all, some interesting ideas here.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Dragon Attraction Strategy
Octavian (#55016),

Yes, there is even the risk that your opponent may win enough battles to end the game before you go through enough of your deck to find the attract dragon cards. (Although the similar can happen with every deck type.) Interesting idea, would like to see how it works in practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.