Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: I got the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jordan musket
msg tools
Hey Santa clause came at Christmas and gave me a new d&d game. But after playing it with my frends I thought can there be mroe adventures than this or more characters??

Anyone know how to answer this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would need to be more specific, or at least post it to the actual game's forums. We have no idea what you are talking about...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim West
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Jordan,

If Santa brought you the current DnD Basic Game set, you really got more of a sample of DnD than an actual game. It has only a single adventure in it, and little to no resources at all for making your own adventures, leveling your characters etc. It also unabashedly pleads for you to get the 3 starting volumes of DnD books: (Player's Handbook, Dungeon Masters Guide, and the Monster Manual).

The good news is if you get those 3 books (or if those are what you received for Christmas), you'll be able to find endless adventures on the net for free to play.

The bad news is that it's going to run you anywhere from $60-$100 retail to get them if you don't have them.

It's pretty crappy what WotC did with the "Basic Game" Edition, and it's a rip-off in my opinion. Like paying $20 for a commercial.

Finally, as an alternative, there are also tons of completely free RPG systems and resources floating around on the net as well, if you can't afford the books for DnD. Very easy to find more than you'll ever be able to play just by doing a google search for "free PnP RPG".

Best Wishes,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
He might be talking about Dungeon & Dragons: Fantasy Adventure Board Game. In that case, there are 2 expansions for it: Eternal Winter and Forbidden Forest. However, the game was discontinued in 2005 and the homepage which would hopefully present new scenarios seems to be down (it asks for Flash, even if you have it installed): www.danddgame.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.