Popular Tags: [View All]
BEOMSEOK YANG
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmb
I surprised at seeing the components.
Plastic ships are fragile & dusty.
Plastic tray was already broken.
Even if it made of China, it's components is worst than any other else.
Vallygames should be shamed to FBD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure if you contact Valley with a description of your problem, they will replace any damaged or broken parts.

I don't know where "FBD" is, but I would hold off on any shaming until you talk to Valley Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
ever4ever wrote:

So you don't think that the publishers' decision to manufacture the ships out of some sort of soapstone-like resin was the best in the world (nor do I) and the plastic tray happened to get damaged in transit.

Does that justify the headline?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kruijt
Netherlands
Eindhoven
NBr
flag msg tools
This overtext intentionally left blank.
badge
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you could get a copy of Serenissima (first edition), and use those boats. Don't get mad though when the banners come falling of their posts, or your ship capsizes and all the goods are in the water.

We know about the resin ships (I like them by the way, maybe a bit more saturated colour). Probably the cheapest way to produce 3D ships. But I think if they had gone for cardboard ships, they would have gotten less flak.

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We need a good old fashioned lynching.

FBD = fracked boardgame delivery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Harkes
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the 'Food Bank of Delaware' have to do with this? Or is it a goal to ship food there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The material made to create the ships is actually one of the more costly routes to go, at least in the context of a non-collectible.

We're happy to replace any damaged or missing pieces; yes, please do email us at info@valleygames.ca with any issues you may have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dedbob wrote:
I'm sure if you contact Valley with a description of your problem, they will replace any damaged or broken parts.

Well good luck on that idea!

My beef isn't with Container's bits and parts...they look fine to me. But these three fellows treat you (meaning all of us) like a high school buddy who borrowed $20.00 from you and has forever avoided face to face contact with you ever since.

I thought RioGrande's old website was bad (and the current one isn't much better), but Valley Games' site is as unkempt as I've ever seen.

I see that in the previous post, Mr. Nesbitt anwered this particular thread. So what...big deal. Why don't you start updating your site on something more than a quarterly basis? Shamefull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockerdile wrote:
But these three clowns...

Classy. I wonder if you'd call them that face to face. Or are you only brave (and by brave, I mean rude and obnoxious) online? Because, you know, there are real people on the other side of that screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You win. Now they are fellows. Doesn't change a thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk wrote:
Maybe you could get a copy of Serenissima (first edition), and use those boats. Don't get mad though when the banners come falling of their posts, or your ship capsizes and all the goods are in the water.

Just checked my copy. Banners still in place - as they should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dumont Claude
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ever4ever wrote:

MMM..., You don't like the ships, you dont like the game?
Did you even try the game before posting this?
This realy shouldn't be a topic of a thread unless you were discribing the pros and con of a game in a global review of the game.

Personnaly, I hate the twilight struggle light carton board. I never posted a tread on this. I made my comments in a general review of the games. The game in it self is one of my favorite.

Let not start complaining in these treads about every small aspect like this that annoy us because the treads will start filling up with every personnal appréciation witch won't be helpfull at all.

If your not happy with the material, just contact VG and let them know directly. We don't need to see this in these treads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockerdile wrote:

Yeah, if only they'd offered to replace any missing or damaged ... oh, wait, they did.

I feel like it may be a little late in life for someone to be telling you this, but if you want people to provide better service, as you claim, it'd be a good idea to acknowledge it when they do. Sorry you don't like their website, and for all I know that may be deserved, but that has nothing to do with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Paget
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
The material made to create the ships is actually one of the more costly routes to go, at least in the context of a non-collectible.

We're happy to replace any damaged or missing pieces; yes, please do email us at info@valleygames.ca with any issues you may have.

Still waiting for my missing black containers since Essen and no reply to my last e-mail. The insert in my box was damaged too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timstellmach wrote:
Crockerdile wrote:

Yeah, if only they'd offered to replace any missing or damaged ... oh, wait, they did.

I feel like it may be a little late in life for someone to be telling you this, but if you want people to provide better service, as you claim, it'd be a good idea to acknowledge it when they do. Sorry you don't like their website, and for all I know that may be deserved, but that has nothing to do with this.

No sir. You tell me when these "fellows" have offered exemplary communication and service, and I'll be one of the first to acknowledge it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Faehnle
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh frag!surprise

The box insert in my copy was damaged too!

Now I can't...play...the...game...

Oh wait, it's JUST A FRICKIN INSERT!shake

Grow up, you bought a game, not a sorting tray. (And none of that, "I paid for a game, and I demand quality." Stop whining about the damn box insert. It's irrelevant and annoying.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Kellet
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
When I read this post I was reminded my copy hadn't arrived.

In fact it gave me concern that I might have made a bad decision.

Well I emailed them.

It arrived a few days later

I've got to say its awesome. I love the pieces and the box and the rulebook.

Nice job.

I don't know why it didn't just arrive, but I guess these things happen. It was a late Christmas present gratefully received.

Don't know what the fuss was about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Herms
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:

Hi Kevin,

I can live with the slightly damaged ships but I'm missing a black container piece. It didn't come in my shrink wrapped copy.

I sent an email to info@valleygames.ca on 12/30/2007 but received no reply. How should I contact VG to get my black container. Thanks.

Mike Herms

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Two replacements for my one missing orange container arrived today! Point, Valley Games. (and thank you, Kevin & Co.)

Now I eagerly await the resin containers....
otrex on Sat Jan 12, 2008 wrote:
My understanding from Torben is that the bonus containers are now finished and should be on the way to us shortly. I don't have an exact date for their arrival at our customer's doors, but we shouldn't be too far away. I'll update everyone when I have new information.

Bit, chomp.

Hey, but my copy of Container gets requested at almost every game gathering, so the preorder is increasingly worthwhile!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought my copy and one of the ships had the smokestack broken off. It's not an earthshaking problem and I'm sure once I superglue it, no one will ever know but at the same time, I did just spend $60... (yeah, I supported my FLGS, didn't buy online).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love supporting my FLGS, when I've come in second in a Race for the Galaxy tournament and have store credit, and get a birthday discount... got Container for less than $35.

I was very impressed by the ships, they're nice! And I like the boards, the wooden containers, the money cards... I'm in love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.