Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Rocchi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
As many comments as I have read about this being a great game, I must have read as many about how the boats are constantly spilling over during play.

Has anyone tried a tiny dollop of stick-tack on the bottom? (As long as it doesn't mark the board.)

Or maybe just glue a small, clear, blue plastic Bingo chit to the bottom of each boat as a permanent stabilizer. It would keep the boat steady, and would match the water.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Oooh... those boats!
DarkCelt (#55272),

We have no problem with the boats but we do have a problem with the flags (both halves seperate after a few games). cry

I think it is time to use super-glue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hall
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Oooh... those boats!
DarkCelt wrote:
Does anyone else have any ideas?

Haven't tried it but stability might improve if you make sure that the bottoms of the boats are slightly concave. That is that the only point of contact between the board and the boats is a ring of plastic around the perimiter (much like a tall slender ceramic or glass vase is more stable if it's not trying to make full contact with the surface).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.