Subject: Which board to get? Miracle Ventures or Mr Crokinole? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to get a 26" crokinole board. Miracle Ventures has what they call the Pro XL Crokinole Board for $170. Mr Crokinole has the Falcon for $184. I like the Pro XL more because the playing surface is mounted on a wood base and not composite. Can anyone recommend Miracle Ventures or should I just go with Mr Crokinole? Thanks.

Links:

Pro XL: http://estore.websitepros.com/794270/Detail.bok?no=13

Falcon: http://www.crokinole.com/preview1.asp?ID=9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Petry
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Which board to get? Miracle Ventures or Mr Crokinole?
joeklecko (#55287),

According to the description, the Pro XL also has a composite base, but that's not how it appears in the illustration. It still seems like a better value, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Re:No More Days, No More Dollars
joeklecko (#55287),

While I can't comment on those vnedor's products in particular, the advantage of a composite base is dimensional stability: your board will not tend to warp or distort over variations in temperature and humidity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meitzler
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Which board to get? Miracle Ventures or Mr Crokinole?
joeklecko (#55287), I would get Mr. Crokinole, i ordered an eagle board from him and it is incredible, expensive but worth every penny, everyone who sees this can't get over the quality. Not one negative comment about the board or the transaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sherwood
United States
Arundel
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a Miracle Ventures board and would HIGHLY recommend it.

I purchased the Miracle Ventures Pro-XL. Although made of composite, the composite is hidden behind nicer looking wood. It's a beautiful board, and super-fast.

The reason that I highly recommend is that Miracle Ventures backs up their product in a HUGE way. Here's my story:

I purchased a board from Miracle Ventures, and although the craftsmanship was superb, the board was damaged in shipping. They didn't question me in any fashion and immediately sent a replacement.

Unfortunately, the replacement board had a defect. It was slow; the discs just didn't slide.

Again, Miracle Ventures sent another board. This 3rd board was perfect. Merle, over at the shop, was so embarrassed by the conundrum that he ended up having me keep the 1st board at no charge.

Miracle Ventures would not let me end the transaction until I was 100% satisfied. If you're looking to buy a board, go there! It is a pleasure doing business with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also take a look at Carl and Stan Hilinski's crokinole boards:

http://www.hilinski.net/woodgames/inventory/index.html

They do fine custom boards, and excellent job, and excellent to work with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.