Popular Tags: [View All]
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

This was posted on another thread kind of in the middle of it so I'm going to transfer it to it's own.

I came up with the idea to have a monthly Geek Gold lottery.

Tickets to the draw would cost one geek gold.

A proposed payout system would be as follows:

1st - 30% of all gg collected
2nd - 20% of all gg collected
3rd - 10% of all gg collected
4th - 5% of all gg collected
5th through 10th - 2% of all gg collected
10th-20th - Free ticket to next draw.

The remaining 25% would be placed in an account for a large draw at the end of the year.

itjoe wrote:
How about giving away bonus entries for things like weekly BGG trivia? That might get more people involved, and be kinda fun in and of itself. Off the top of my head, I can think of dozens of random BGG facts that would be perfect for trivia...

On what day of the week did BGG first open to the public? What is Aldie's favorite color playing piece? As of 01/01/08, How many of X type of game were on BGG? On an average day, how many images are added to BGG? Of course we'd have to find some helpful admin to give us the answers, but I'm betting we can find someone as curious as I am about random BGG trivia. (I'm a psychology grad, easily amused by statistics)

On another note, the doors are about to open for 2008 patronage. I wonder if we could find a way to give 08 patrons a free entry every month. That would give people a small incentive to donate early in the year. Anything that gives the contest a hook to get more people involved is a big win in my book.

That was one suggestion. Anyone else want to chime in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Leveille
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Get your game on!
badge
You know you want to play with purple, don't you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play. I think it would be best to create an alias called gglottery that each person would give 1 gg along with a message that they wanted to participate in the lottery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, an alias has been created.

if we get lots of posts supporting this idea, I'll post a thread just for the lottery from that account and I'll manage it.

As long as BGG is ok with us doing this as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, this was attempted a while back (about a year-and-a-half ago, I think). It ran for a while, I think about a month or two. Then, if I recall correctly, Aldie decided that he wasn't comfortable with having a lottery on the site. You may want to check with him or one of his admins beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.