Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We started with a request. Danielle remembered the story telling game from earlier in the year, and asked if I had brought it. I had. Jim was busy with the kids, so it was just Jeff joining us for a game of Once Upon a Time.

Since he hadn't played before, Jeff started the story...

It was a story of a child and his brother. One was kind of stupid and decided while out playing one day to set fire to a haystack out in a field. His brother disagreed, and they had an argument with one another But eventually the "evil" one won out, and they set the haystack ablaze. A shepherdess noticed the flames from a distance, and came to investigate. The "evil" brother pulled a vial of gas from his pocket...

At this point Danielle and Dave looked at each other. Vial of gas? That's silly! So Jeff gave up control of the story to the next player in turn, Dave. Dave continued...

It was apparent to the children that the shepherdess was from a foreign land. The kids were frightened, and ran home, while the shepherdess called after them, vowing to get revenge. When they reached home, only one parent was there, but Mom had made dinner, and asked how the day had gone. The kids lied, saying it was a boring day. But as they sat down to eat, the "evil" kid had problems. Every time he picked up some food, it proceeded to jump off his fork! What was happening? Mom had figured it out. Her son was cursed!

Jeff interrupted here with an aspect interrupt, and so continued the story...

The boy tried to explain. "There was a fire, yes, but we didn't do it! It was set by a bad man, in disguise. He tried to set fire to everything, but a storm came, and put out the fire."

At this point Jeff was just stumped. He couldn't figure out where to go next with the story, given the cards he had left. So he passed, and again control passed to Dave. And Dave continued...

Mom interrupted. "I don't believe you! We've had no rain. The sky has been sunny and clear. And besides, you are still cursed! You must get the curse removed. You must go to see an old man, far away."

Danielle interrupted here, because she had the far away card in her hand. It was finally Danielle's turn to contribute to the story. So she began...

So the kids left, and travelled to the ancient ruins where the old man lived.

Well, that was brief, wasn't it? Jeff's last card was an interrupt, so he, well, interrupted. And he had a plan...

They found the old man, who recognized the curse as some sort of demon that had possessed the kid. He did some funny rituals, and exorcized the demon from the boy. With that the boy saw how evil he had been, so he went back home with his brother, and reunited with his family. So everything was restored to its former glory.

I was psyched that Danielle suggested this one. I had nearly given up hope that it'd come out again here. It was a fun story, too. And even though I lost, I still like my food hopping off of the fork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kara S
United States
Palmer
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG this was hilarious! Thank you for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.