Popular Tags: [View All]
Pottsie
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this only happen if everyone passes at the beginning of a new round, or can this happen after bidding goes around once or twice?

I think it is covered in the first two bullets of the "Special Cases" of the rules, however I am not sure if bullet two is contingent on bullet one, or if they are mutually exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Harkes
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the german rules it is only one bullet point, the second one is about the dogs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once someone has bid, they have to pay that bid. The special case only applies the if everyone passes the first time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
Once someone has bid, they have to pay that bid. The special case only applies the if everyone passes the first time around.

Just to clarify, once at least one player has made a bid, someone has to pay a bid. The only person who pays is the last bidder left. All the players who pass take back whatever they bid plus get the mice on the next card (if any).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pottsie
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dan and Paul. We played this wrong last night in our first two games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
orange_rhino wrote:

Just to clarify, once at least one player has made a bid, someone has to pay a bid. The only person who pays is the last bidder left. All the players who pass take back whatever they bid plus get the mice on the next card (if any).

This is the correct and complete answer.

Henning Kröpke
(for 2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
potts_games wrote:
Thanks Dan and Paul. We played this wrong last night in our first two games.

Us too. Funny thing is I kept trying to hand my husband the cards when he was last bidder standing, but he kept insisting he didn't have to take them. Didn't make sense to me and, of course, it made the game much less fun.

So thanks, this thread may have saved this game for us. I say may only because I'm still not sure whether the sum of Nobody But Us Chickens and Geschenkt will be greater than its parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.