Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just like to check, i got the whole 1-4 warships in a task force thing. Then it occurred to me that you could have MORE than one task force in a hex and they could move together, so for example if you had enough ships you could have a carrier task group and 2 bombardment task groups moving together, they would all then be transferred to the battle board together if fighting,

Is this correct? I had not latched on to this idea the first couple of reads through the rules and I may be mistaken, but it does not look as though there are any stacking limits at sea. I would be interested in hearing how multiple stacks and stacking limits work in reality

Ta

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no limit to the number of TFs you can have in a hex (or on the battleboard)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Adam, not obvious, maybe a good one to put in the FAQ for newbies.

Please see my latest post, got a few queries for you in it.....

Thanks in advance

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Cooper
United Kingdom
Gateshead
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple of questions regarding multiple TFs if you're still around, Adam...

Q1 - You've said here that there's no limits to the number of TFs you can have in a hex. I assume that there *is* still a limit which affects this though (i.e. the Port Rating, unless marked as infinite) *or* as suggested by the first post, do TFs not count toward the Port Rating for stacking purposes because they're not in port but "at sea"?

Q2 - Multiple Task forces on the battle board. Do Bombardment TFs effectively cease to be individual task forces when Surface Combat starts? Naval units vying for Sea Control break from TFs to form Combat Groups and those remaining provide Ground Support individually anyway? After the battle they can all be put back together in one stack before the return to base phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.