United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four of us sat down for a Mega Game (1910) of Ticket to Ride. My wife and I have played this game quite a bit and our two friends have played a few times so the game was underway pretty quick.

I was dealt a nice combo of destinations, including Los Angeles to Atlanta and Los Angeles to Miami... I also kept Omaha to New Orleans. I completed them alway quite easily as everyone else was frantically fighting in the Northeast for paths up there. I had a one train connection left to complete Omaha to New Orleans and drew new destinations. I added Montreal to New Orleans and Los Angeles to Chicago. The Montreal path was dangerous as the northeast was busy but I figured I would need it in order to get the win.

I hadn't been paying too close of attention to the others, but I did notice that our friends had a decent number of trains left so I figured the end of the game wasn't coming soon. I was able to fill that pretty quick and eventually get the rest of my paths connected. At this point, I noticed that my wife needed just one path to connect all of her trains and easily take the longest path. I knew I would have the most tickets complete. What I didn't realize is that she was nearly out of trains and ended the game right after I finally connected Omaha to New Orleans. That was close!

My wife was way ahead from the train connection points and had the longest train. Like me, our friends were surprised that the end had come so quickly and they ended up with negative tickets so they weren't in a position to win. My wife was sure she had won. When we added up the points though, it came out about like this...

Me: 151
Mrs: 135
F#1: 115
F#2: 105

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.