Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Pla
Spain
Manresa
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife, Lorena and me. Well, with my wife there was my little daughter, Laia, rolling the dices. Two cars for everyone and the Monaco circuit in the middle. I was very proud of my four last victories and I began starting in second( red car) and third position (blue car). My wife started in first ( yellow car) and fourth position ( white car). Red and... Green lights! Started the race!
(Ah, excuse me guys, the race was about two laps and with the basic rules.)
FIRST LAP
After the first curve already it had placed to me in first and second position and my wife was trying to catch me. I started with first but I did the first curve with third losing my first tire for Red. Blue exit clean of the curve. No problem for Yellow and White but they was running a little slow.
Fourth march for my two cars but...that night I started haviing problems with dices: two 7's that authorized to Yellow to reach the first position in front of my Red lovely car. In two or three the situation was most clear: In first position Yellow, in second Red, in third and fourth Blue and White side by side. Near to the end of first lap Yellow continued in first position and my Red in second losing three tires to follow him. Blue and White ran rather behind, exactly two curves behind, and this until the end of complete race. But, let me explain a little thing: In three first curves my daughter was rolling the dices but when she was going to sleep the situation changed badly for me 'cause my wife started rolling too much good dices!

SECOND LAP
Yellow didn't stop at boxes and Red, obviously, followed him without breathing. But my Blue, with only one tire, stopped at boxes, and, bad luck! losed one turn! White did not stop either in boxes and advanced my Blue car.
During all this lap, my wife was full of emotion running side by side of the table controlling all aspects of the race and cellebrating each throwing dice like a Champions Football Final. I was laughing all time.
It was impossible to reach the speedy Yellow. She rolled three 20 in fifth without any type of damages! Total: First position without discussion for Yellow, second for my Red and in the last curve White advanced in extremis my White and reached the third position.

I was a little sad for this defeat but, watching the other side, I was very happy 'cause my wife is desperate to run more and more races!
Oh God, I love this game!
One question geekers, what you think about Bolide and this my first session?
Answers, please!
Oscar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't you just have pushed bed time back a little? When you've got a good dice roller, you make the effort required to keep her, man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    An excellent first session report. I love to hear when the kids are in the game, and having your daughter roll the dice made her part of the fun.

Bolide is all about thinking, not risk taking, not hoping for a bit of luck. A good game, but very different in that the game is generally played without a lot of humor or conversation. Likely not a good choice with your wife, and definitely not with your daughter. I'd recommend playing it once before buying. I like it, but it's a heads-down kind of game.

Welcome to the geek -- you're officially a contributor now.

Sag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love Bolide, but I live in LEBD (Land of Eternal Boardgame Draught) so touch luck for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.