Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We picked up Hyper Slide and Hyper Dash for my 5 year old this Christmas, and I must say that they are a lot of fun. Both are great for kids. Hyper Slide is great for adults too. Well, Hyper Dash is fun for adults too, but I tire out a lot faster than a 5 year old.

Both are based on quick action based on colors (mostly). In Hyper Dash the player holds onto a device that's sort of like an upside-down bowl with a baton attached to hold onto. Then you take the 5 markers (each a different color and numbered 1-5) and spread them out wherever you want them. When you're ready the "device" calls out a color and you have to run and tag that marker by plopping the bowl part of the device on top of the marker. Then it will call out the next one and you keep going for a set number of markers. Then it tells you how fast you were. There are 4 different difficulty levels, with the higher levels doing things like calling out a color or a number, double or triple tagging a marker, Reverse is where you have to go back and tag the last thing you tagged, and sometimes throwing in math and you have to tag the marker equal to the answer. There are also a couple of other games you can play. I know one of them is basicall "Simon", but I don't remember the third.

Hyper Slide you play at a table. There's a small arch dealy and 4 colored discs. Basically the arch calls out a color and you have to slide that colored disc through the arch to the other player. It keeps going, and as you progress it gets faster and faster and you have less time to get the correct color through the arch. There are 2 other games too. One is Simon, and the other is a code buster where you have to figure out the color code in 90 seconds. I haven't tried that one yet. You can also play solo. There is a band that you can attach to the arch so the discs bounce back to you when you slide them.

Everyone I've played Hyper Slide with so far has loved it, so I thought I'd share the joy here for anyone who hasn't seen them. You can get them anywhere. I've seen a lot of Hyper Slide around. Hyper Dash I think has been selling out pretty quickly. I think they're both usually around $25, but you can find deals. I got Dash for $14 and Slide for $15.

Overall I would recommend these games to people who enjoy fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Dziuba
United States
Scurry
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:

Why so limiting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick Danger wrote:
Favre4MVP wrote:

Why so limiting?

If you don't enjoy fun then you probably wouldn't enjoy these because of their high fun level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.