Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy P
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards (Mining Conglomerate) allow you to draw some bonus cards if you produced the most of a certain material (Rare Elements, in this case).

Do you count the production on your windfall planets? I know that windfall planets don't normally produce. But sometimes they do. If you pick the Product phase, then you can produce a good on a windfall planet. Also, the Galactic Engineers let you produce a good on a windfall planet during the produce phase.

My question. Do these goods that are produced on windfall planets (because of bonuses) count as goods when seeing if you produced the most of something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Most production bonus: Do Windfalls count if they produ
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Parker
United States
Bethel
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
randito_aggie wrote:
My question. Do these goods that are produced on windfall planets (because of bonuses) count as goods when seeing if you produced the most of something?

The rules, player aids and card text all consistently refer to placing a good on a windfall world during Phase V as "produce a good". Mining Conglomerate requires that you "produced more Rare". It seems clear to me that you would count produced rare goods on both Production and Windfall worlds when making that determination.

edit: Added "during Phase V" to remove any confusion that I was talking about placing the windfall good during Settling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Hen
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goods produced during phase V will trigger the card drawing powers for phase V. This includes windfall worlds. The good automatically produced when placing a windfall world does not trigger phase V powers because the good was not produced during phase V. It was "produced" during phase III.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy P
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Most production bonus: Do Windfalls count if they produ
Thanks for the clarification. That's the way we have been playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.