BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: I need a fantasy game without dices rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lazar Maksvel
Other-Eastern Europe
msg tools
Hi everybody,
I am new here.This is a great forum, and I hope that someone will help me with this problem.I need good recommendation.
So this is the thing>I dont like luck factor in boardgames, especially those with dices,and I am looking for fantasy game(maybe in some combination with Adventure or Sf) without the dices because I think that strategy and dilomacy is the most important.Also the best thing would be if it is for 2+ players,and this-more longer more better.I like long games.
Plese help me and thank you in any case.
bye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Try Dorn. I'm not sure how readily available it is though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Maybe A Game of Thrones (first edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Twister is only for two players, and doesn't take that long to play, but is the only dice-free fantasy game that I can recommend. It does have a 4 player expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Dungeon Twister is only for two players, and doesn't take that long to play, but is the only dice-free fantasy game that I can recommend. It does have a 4 player expansion.

Seconded. Dungeon Twister is great fun. Not much of a diplomacy element but a very fun, strategic, fantasy-themed game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another nod to Dungeon Twister.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Luta
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not usually plug my own fantasy 'game', primarily because the internet-based freeform roleplaying 'games' are a little different from what most people here are interested in. There is no way to 'win' these, other than in the sense that since it is a collaborative story told from the points of view of many different characters, one perhaps might win the admiration and respect of the other players/writers by writing the best posts in the stories with the most detailed characters...

But from your post of not wanting chance and wanting a long game, these might be of interest to you. The particular one I run is www.worldofstormandfury.com and there are many others, if you are interested you can look on a site called Effie Rover's something or other, it has all sorts of internet game resources.

I will mention most of these are free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played Cutthroat Caverns. Game plays 3-6 and scales the monsters and encounters. If you don't mind a bit of take-that gameplay this game has plenty of dungeon-bashing fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazar Maksvel
Other-Eastern Europe
msg tools
Thanks for advices, Dungeon Twister looks very good, but 1 hour of playing is quite short for me.
If there isnt anything more in fantasy genre, please recommend me some other genre, but under conditions above in first post(maybe medieval,war).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We often play 4 player Dungeon Twister and it is great fun!

We have also played some fairly long games (around 2 hour) by upping the victory points and/or using more dungeon tiles.

Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Galloway
Canada
Lansdowne
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strategy? Diplomacy? Fantasy?

Citadels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.