Subject: Beginner Help Needed! How can 2 pieces be placed in a city? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Phillips
United States
Woodacre
California
flag msg tools
The rules indicate that you can't have two pieces occupying the same segment of a city (or road or farmland)
no matter how far away the other tile.

So how can you then end up with 2 pieces in a city (or r or fl)? Clearly you can since points are scored that way.

Can there be different segments of a city and if so what makes them separate segments of a city?

Confused....

Thanks.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tegenfeldt
Sweden
örnsköldsvik
domsjö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Beginner Help Needed! How can 2 pieces be placed in a ci
Carc is simple

1 draw tile & place tile next to another tile that have matching boarders.

2 you MAY place a meeple on that tile if you can & want.

ie:
If a city tile is put down and a player places a meeple inside that city then then next player that places a tile in that city may not place a meeple inside that city due to it already having a meeple.

So how to get another meeple inside ?
simple just start a new city next to it and place your meeple in that city and then build those two citys together and voila there is now a big city with 2 meeples inside if two diffrent players own those meeples they each get points for that city.

if one player have more meeples than another player on a feature then that player gets all the points when that feature is scored and the minority player gets zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Weage
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
The rules shouldn't say that you can't have two pieces in the same city, just that you can't place a second piece into a city that already has one. The difference is that one person can have a piece on one city tile that still has open edges, and a second person can place a piece on a separate city tile with open edges - (at this point the city portions of the two tiles are not connected) - then someone can play a tile that connects the two pieces of city into the same city, and then the two pieces end up in the same city.

This can happen with different players, or the same player can use this technique to double up the number of pieces he has in a city to convince someone else not to waste time trying to get in to the city unless he can do it with two pieces, or to answer a city invasion that has already happened. If you have two pieces and an opponent has only one, then you alone get the score. (This is often important with fields.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Beginner Help Needed! How can 2 pieces be placed in a ci

As an Example:
I start a city by putting one of my meeples on a city tile,
you start a city by putting one of your meeples on a different city tile.

As we play the game, our cities expand with more and more tiles being added to our individual cities. Eventually, our cities are close enough together that I can place a city tile that connects our two cities together as one large city. At that point, we each have a meeple in the single large city that results.

The same can happen for a road, or a farmland.

You start a road, I start a road, and the two roads eventually connect to become one road.

etc.

I think the rule means you cannot place a meeple on a road (or in a city) for which I already have clear ownership.

mikey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.