Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Björklund
Sweden
Lerum
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see that you can show your regional flags.

This is a flag which have been used for centuries in Scania, much since the Danish ruled that part of Sweden.

I would like to show this as a part of my heritage.

Thanks

/Jonas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I wholeheartedly sympathize with your request (and I would use it myself (as a symbol of the Oresundsregion) if regional flags were allowed), I don't think the admins will have time to enable flags from all the regions of the world.

Many regions are officially recognised as such: like the states of fedreal republics such as Germany and USA. I know that the latter provinces are listed, but they don't have their flags attributed - and neither is the EU flag (which is the region I have listed in my profile).

Here is a link for those who wants to learn more about the flag in question: http://www.scania.org/facts/flag/engone.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make it into a Microbadge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Björklund
Sweden
Lerum
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
While I wholeheartedly sympathize with your request (and I would use it myself (as a symbol of the Oresundsregion) if regional flags were allowed), I don't think the admins will have time to enable flags from all the regions of the world.

Many regions are officially recognised as such: like the states of fedreal republics such as Germany and USA. I know that the latter provinces are listed, but they don't have their flags attributed - and neither is the EU flag (which is the region I have listed in my profile).

Here is a link for those who wants to learn more about the flag in question: http://www.scania.org/facts/flag/engone.htm

Thanks for your support Mik. It's always nice with fellow geeks who feels the same

If this was not accepted, we could just call it the navy signal flag for the letter 'R' they are very similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Just make it into a Microbadge!
Yep, submit it as a 16x16 image in the New Microbadge Designs thread. If you explain what it is for (and just as importantly, that you intend to buy it yourself) it will help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.