Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Another Guitar Hero question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
Avatar
mb
My wife and I have been loving GH1 and it looks like we are going to need to get GH2, GH3, the 80s, and a 2nd guitar.

Should I get the GH2 bundle with guitar or the GH3 bundle with wireless guitar?

I have a PS2. Is the wireless the way to go, or is it a hassle? Controller cords are not a problem at all and I'm more prone to trust the corded guitar to keep up with my epic shredding.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
My wife and I have been loving GH1 and it looks like we are going to need to get GH2, GH3, the 80s, and a 2nd guitar.

Should I get the GH2 bundle with guitar or the GH3 bundle with wireless guitar?

I have a PS2. Is the wireless the way to go, or is it a hassle? Controller cords are not a problem at all and I'm more prone to trust the corded guitar to keep up with my epic shredding.


My nephew, a GH fanatic, returned his wireless guitar for the PS2 after finding he was deeply unhappy with the responsiveness of the wireless on PS2. He's fine with how it works on GH3 on our Wii but he ended up with a second wired guitar for his PS2.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, wired is better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the actual Harmonix-brand wireless guitar (it's white and black) for the PS2 and have been very happy with how it works.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The official wireless controllers are GREAT, and have long battery life. If wires are a non issue, then I would buy the wired, as you'll never have to replace batteries.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if they sell just the guitar for the Wii? Everything I see is the game bundle. I need a bassist.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
all the guitars being manufactured for the wii at this time are still going into the bundles. After a while when they can keep up with the demand they will start offering them separatly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
agnespoodle wrote:
Does anyone know if they sell just the guitar for the Wii? Everything I see is the game bundle. I need a bassist.


I hear later this month. They were dedicating all their guitars to game bundles, and those were all selling out, so Red Octane didn't have a big enough production capacity to sell guitars on their own.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
agnespoodle wrote:
Does anyone know if they sell just the guitar for the Wii? Everything I see is the game bundle. I need a bassist.


I hear later this month. They were dedicating all their guitars to game bundles, and those were all selling out, so Red Octane didn't have a big enough production capacity to sell guitars on their own.


Good - because my son is hogging the only Wii guitar we have!

Now, if they can get those downloads going, too, I want some more good songs.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.