Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
orange smartie
England
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wotcha,

If I end my turn on a gate and get sucked into one of the other worlds, do I have an other world encounter on the same turn? Or would I just have an encounter on the second, right-hand space after my move to that?

Also, I'm working on the assumption that flying monsters can only directly move to a street space 1 movement space away (i.e. streets are not interconnected across the board) for the purpose of their initial movement. Is this correct?

Many thanks,

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Florian-Prescott
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

orangesmartie wrote:
If I end my turn on a gate and get sucked into one of the other worlds, do I have an other world encounter on the same turn? Or would I just have an encounter on the second, right-hand space after my move to that?

The Other World Encounters Phase occurs after the Arkham Encounters Phase, so you do in fact need to have an encounter on the first space of the Other World the same turn that you move onto it.

orangesmartie wrote:
Also, I'm working on the assumption that flying monsters can only directly move to a street space 1 movement space away (i.e. streets are not interconnected across the board) for the purpose of their initial movement. Is this correct?

Flying monsters can only move one space at a time, yes. But if they cannot reach an investigator in 1 move, they instead move to the "Sky". From here, they can reach any street on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1. The phase order is Arkham encounter, then Other World encounter. So if you get sucked through a gate in the Arkham phase, you would have an encounter in the Other World phase as well.

2. Yes. They can only move 1 space away (like a normal monster) IF there is an investigator is there. If an investigator is not immediately adjacent, they take to the skies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
orange smartie
England
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok! Thank you and a happy new year to you both.

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.