Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: shipping [+] [View All]
Chris Flynn
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I expect to be ramping up my trading/ebay sales activity this year. One thing I have noticed is it can be really tough to locate good flat boxes for shipping. Just shipped out a copy of Clue Master Detective and had to pay extra because the box was too big for the weight shipped. The typical places - post office, UPS, Target, Wal-Mart etc. don't seem to have good game box size shipping boxes. Help! Where can I go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Baldanza
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
BGG Admin - Chairman of the Geekgold Reserve
badge
My son, Enzo Anthony, at an uncomfortable moment when 3 months old
mbmbmbmbmb
www.uline.com has a huge set of boxes at very good prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really not that difficult to trim down oversized boxes. Just cut each corner down to the height of the box and lightly score the sides so they fold where you want them to. I bet I cut down ~50% of all boxes I ship games in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waters
United States
Uintah
Utah
flag msg tools
I ship everything VIA USPS priority and priority flat rate. The boxes are FREE and so is package pickup if you do that. As well if you do all your shipping through pay pal then tracking is FREE as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The USPS gives away priority mail boxes for free. They have several different sizes and you can order a case online and they are delivered with no postage. I think there are 25 to a case. I have about 4 different sizes, but the 11x13x3 is perfect for most games. Here is the link http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductCatego...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Liquor Stores. the cases are usually smaller at the bottom(LxW), and the sturdiest corrugated cardboard available. As for the height, cut them down as described earlier.

edit: added (LxW)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.