Runebound (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: We need new expansion cards for "Runebound Midnight" etc. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how they support regular Runebound with expansions, and that's fine... but what about Midnight? Or The Island of Dread? Or even Sands of Al-Kalim? These "Big Box" expansions all come with their own encounter cards - Greens, Yellows, Blues and Reds (even Silver with Island of Dread!), but you're supposed to use their decks instead of the regular Runebound deck. But its the regular Runebound deck that's been growing with new quests and monsters, etc.

So are we ever going to get blessed with new cards for the "Big Box" sets? Sands of Al-Kalim is screaming for new cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt it.

It's rare to see an "expansion" to an "expansion".
They just don't sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We need new expansion cards for "Runebound Midnight" etc
deedob wrote:
I doubt it.

It's rare to see an "expansion" to an "expansion".
They just don't sell.

Yeah but the expansions aren't simply card expansions, they were new games with new settings. Plus, the instructions clearly stated don't use the old cards, only these. But after a few playthroughs you would have experienced everything since there are only so many cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.