Finland
Kymenlaakso
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the updates, cut and pasted from the document:

ERRATA

Scourge Combat Cards
The Zerg Scourge combat cards (#10-12) should read: “End of the Destroy units Step: If your front-line unit was not destroyed, destroy it and your opponent’s front-line unit (if it is flying). This does not trigger any Splash Damage abilities.”

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Q: When upgrading a Mutalisk to a Guardian (or two High Templar to an Archon), does the upgraded unit count towards the build limit for that build order?
A: “Tech required” units count towards the build limit the same as a normal unit. Therefore, turning two High Templars into an Archon counts as building one unit towards the build limit.

Q: Can Z-Axis navigation routes be placed on two planets that are already adjacent?
A: Yes. The only restriction when placing/moving these is that both ends of a Z-Axis navigation route can never be attached to the same planet.

EVENT CARDS

Q: What happens if a player has more than one “The End Draws Near” event card during the “Play Event Cards” step of the regrouping phase?
A: The player would be forced to play all of them. He would then gain the added benefits of one of the cards (extra card or extra VP). After this, any Event Cards left in his hand are discarded.

Q: If a player is eliminated, what happens to any “The End Draws Near” event cards that he drew that turn?
A: If a player is eliminated, all of his event cards are removed
from the game without effect (including “The End Draws Near”).

TECHNOLOGY & COMBAT CARDS

Q: Does “Stasis Field” prevent a Scourge unit from attacking?
A: “Stasis Field” only affects the combat values of the cards, and therefore does not cancel the text on the Scourge combat card.

Q: Can a player use the Protoss “Recall” technology more than once if he has more than one Arbiter on the planet?
A: The text of Recall only allows the player to move a single unit to one area containing an Arbiter (the number of Arbiters in the area does not matter).

Q: Is a player required to execute the special ability of a combat card that he has played?
A: Yes. As long as the card matches his front-line unit, he must use its special ability.

RETREATING

Q: Who retreats at the end of a battle if both the attacker and defender only have assist units remaining?
A: The defender. According to the retreat rules, assist units only have to retreat if they are the only defending units remaining.

Q: Who retreats first at the end of a battle if the defender has an assist unit and the attacker is exceeding the areas unit limit?
A: Retreating due to exceeding stacking limits happens after all defending units have retreated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm the only person in the universe who can't access the Fantasy Flight Games website. shake Would someone please e-mail me the PDF file? If not for me, do it for Adun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Fantas wrote:

ERRATA

Scourge Combat Cards
The Zerg Scourge combat cards (#10-12) should read: “End of the Destroy units Step: If your front-line unit was not destroyed, destroy it and your opponent’s front-line unit (if it is flying). This does not trigger any Splash Damage abilities.”

Gawd, could they pick more backwards wording? It is not clear at all that the scrouge is always destroyed. Something like this would be clearer:

If your front-line unit was not destroyed, destroy it. If destroyed in this way and your opponent's front line unit is flying, destroy it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mitchell
South Africa
Springs
guateng
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

If your front-line unit was not destroyed, destroy it. If destroyed in this way and your opponent's front line unit is flying, destroy it too.

Is this really the intent? As you have mentioned, the actual wording is really poor, but is your wording actually what they intended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the intent, I believe is to have the scourge be automatically destroyed if you use the scourge card. Otherwise, there would be no reason to change the wording.

The wording isn't too bad. Like Skeletor says though, I'm also not completely sold on it. Especially if I'm playing with new players.

The intent though is: If you play the scourge card. The scourge will be destroyed at the end of the destroy units step. If the frontline unit it was fighting is flying, it will also be destroyed.

The wording from an earlier faq edition was a bit more clear, however, its wording allowed Gaurdians to kill the scourge. So they changed it to this wording. I think that was why in any case. hehe

They also added that you must use the combat text on the card if able. Which makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I proposed to use something like Weasely suggested, and now the F.A.Q. reads:

Quote:
Scourge Combat Cards
The Zerg Scourge combat cards (#10-12) should read: “End of the Destroy Units Step: If your front-line unit was not destroyed, destroy it. If this happens, and your opponent’s front-line unit is flying, it is also destroyed. This does not trigger any Splash Damage abilities.”

That's what I call crystal clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did change the wording on the scourge so its much more clear now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Stephens
United States
California
flag msg tools
Fantas wrote:
Here are the updates, cut and pasted from the document:

ERRATA

Scourge Combat Cards

The wording was a bit confusing in the first place - this is clearly more understandable.

The Scourge are aerial vs. aerial unit suicide bombers. Cheap units that trump carriers, battleships, guardians, etc. long as it doesn't die during combat (basically, surviving long enough to deliver its unique 'death blow').

What's not to like?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my second plea. Will someone please e-mail me with the PDF file containing the updated FAQ?

I have not been successful in accessing FFG's website. I continue to get the error message,

Quote:
The connection has timed out
The server at www.fantasyflightgames.com is taking too long to respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to those who responded to my request for the PDF version of the FAQ. I've sent each of you my e-mail address.

--Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, is there any german version of the FAQ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.