Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played it, we had to make 2 decisions as with 5 or 6 players an additional building round is included where a.o. settlements and cities can be build.

Decision 1: if the active player has build a settlement/city a new caravan tile must be added. What is done first: the additional building round or the bidding/negotiating for the placement of the caravan tile?
We decided to do the caravan extension first as that adds another decision: do I invest in deciding where the new caravan piece will be placed OR do I keep my resources for the additional building round?

Decision 2: if another-than-the-active player builds a settlement/city in the additional building round, will that result in yet another piece of the caravan to be added?
We decided that this would NOT be the case.
Again a new decision is added: do I build now in the additional scoring round knowing I am sure I can build giving up on the additional caravn tile OR do I wait until it's my turn with the risk that something nasty happens that prevents me from building then [eg robber, other player taking that spot, ...] but where a] a new caravan tile will be placed and b] the odds of me influencing where the caravan tile is placed are better.

I noticed that this additional complexity was appreciated and added depth and more choice to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone is interested, I have the rulebook of traders+builders 5/6players here in front of me.

1st: regular turn
2nd: voting for camelplacement (if the active player build a settlement/city during his regular turn)
3th: extraordinary building phase.
4th: voting for camelplacement (if one or more players build a settlement/city during the extraordinary building phase). Note: the player whose turn just ended, starts the voting round. In case there isn't a consensus, he gets to decide.
5th: end of turn

Source: dutch rulebook, 999 games.

Of course, people should play their games as they see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.