Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Thank you Agricola rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I have not played Agricola, I'm glad this game has replaced BattleLore in the top 10. I don't think BattleLore is bad, but I don't think it deserved it's top 10 spot. Agricola might, and I'll know in just a few months

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan T
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats pretty insane. Do we really have a new #1 soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surya wrote:
While I have not played Agricola, I'm glad this game has replaced BattleLore in the top 10. I don't think BattleLore is bad, but I don't think it deserved it's top 10 spot. Agricola might, and I'll know in just a few months

I still don't understand this thinking. How can a game "deserve" or "not deserve" it's ranking? If a game is ranked in the top ten, it deserves to be ranked in the top ten, simple as that. Battlelore deserved to be ranked in the top 10 right up until it was displaced. Battlelore now "deserves" to be ranked number 11, until such time as it move again in the rankings, whereupon it will then "deserve" to be ranked whereever it ends up! Same goes for Agicola and the other 20,000+ games in the database!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think BattleLore deserved it's top 10 spot because I think a lot of people gave it a hyped up vote, giving it a higher score than it deserves. If those people don't adjust their vote, the game keeps a score higher than it deserves. But that conversation is old.

In MY opinion, BattleLore is a very good design that isn't among the 10 best ever, so in MY opinion it doesn't deserve a top 10 position.

Maybe I should have indicated from the start that it was about my opinion, but, in my opinion, that was quite obvious, as I never write someone else's opinion without stating so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny thing, opinion,
In my opinion 8 of the top 10 games don't deserve to be top 10,
Certainly not a game that has yet to see any substantial release or playtime.

Caylus rode the hype wave into the top 10, and stays there despite the fact that the only comment I see about caylus anymore is that people would rather play magna carta. Still we can't have people admitting they were wrong now could we, where would we all end up then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surya wrote:
I don't think BattleLore deserved it's top 10 spot because I think a lot of people gave it a hyped up vote, giving it a higher score than it deserves. If those people don't adjust their vote, the game keeps a score higher than it deserves. But that conversation is old.

In MY opinion, BattleLore is a very good design that isn't among the 10 best ever, so in MY opinion it doesn't deserve a top 10 position.

Maybe I should have indicated from the start that it was about my opinion, but, in my opinion, that was quite obvious, as I never write someone else's opinion without stating so.

I'm sure no one has given Agricola a hyped up rating yet. I'm sure everyone of the tens it gets is well thought out with no intent to pump the game up in rankings. I'm sure everyone who rates it will go back and adjust their ratings for it after the glitz wears off. And the tooth fairy will be knocking on my door soon.

The rankings are the rankings pure and simple. There are excellent games that don't make the top 100 let alone the top 10 just because not enough people rank it. The games in the top 10 are there because enough people played the game and thought enough of the game to put their rating to it and give it enough weight to reach the top. Agricola and Battlelore are no exceptions.

You don't think Battlelore should be a top ten game? That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion. Personally, I find Battlelore an okay game, not great. But saying a game doesn't deserve it's ranking is just an inane comment. In an indirect way, it says you think that your opinion should carry more weight than someone elses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!" says:

Surya wrote:
I don't think BattleLore deserved it's top 10 spot because I think a lot of people gave it a hyped up vote, giving it a higher score than it deserves....

*yawn* Like Agricola is any different... It is just more pleasing to the "refined sensibilities" of a self-proclaimed Eurosnoot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.