Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our neighborhood had a party at the community pool clubhouse, and I brought along my Quarters cards, just in case. The kids celebrated the New Year at 10pm and then most were taken home. A handful of adults were left with two hours to go, so I suggested we play Quarters.

There were 5 of us, and we had two shot glasses and the deck of Quarters cards.

There was some debate about the proper way to play Quarters, but I explained that the cards were for a specific method, which ended up being one that everyone enjoyed once we got going.

There was a bottle of tequila and a bottle of Jagermeister. It was going to be a pretty brutal game.

The first round went for about 2 minutes before Jonathan was caught with both shot glasses in front of him. He drank a shot of tequila, and then naturally forced me to draw a card.

The card gave me the restriction of having to name a different U.S. Capital before bouncing a quarter each time. The restriction didn't slow me down too much, and I managed to not get caught with both glasses.

Karen was caught, and drank a shot of tequila. She made Jonathan draw a card (mine was discarded). Jonathan's card let him pass his shot glass the opposite direction after two successful bounces in.

This time around I was caught, so I drank a Jager. I forced Angela to draw a card, since she was turning out to be most adept at bouncing quarters into a shot glass. Her card gave her the restriction of having to name a different Beatles tune before each bounce.

The pressure got to be too much for Angela, and she was caught. Shot of tequila. She made William draw a card, since he was the only one so far to not draw. William drew a Heads or Tails card which didn't get used since he wasn't the next player caught. It was Karen.

Karen made me draw- I got the card that let me pass the glass the opposite direction if I bounce a quarter in three times instead of two. I was perfecting my bouncing technique, and managed to do it a couple times, once again catching Jonathan. He opted for Jagermeister this time.

Angela had to draw a card. She HAD to shoot three times before passing her glass. This time, she was on a roll, and caught Jonathan. Tequila.

William drew the phone number card (recite your phone number every time you bounce and miss). This round brought us all to tears... listening to William frantically shout out his telephone number (area code too!). When he got caught, Angela fell out of her chair. William insisted we change seats around so he wasn't sitting right next to Angela any more.

He sat next to me, forcing me to draw a card as well. I got another Heads or Tails card, but again it didn't matter, since William got caught again.

At this point I suggested we play that everyone keeps their card until they get caught. The ladies agreed immediately, and my vote sealed it.

At that point, the highlight was the series of rounds where Angela had to name every color in ROYGBIV each time she shot and William had to name everyone at the table each time. Karen was laughing so hard, she kept getting caught. Not wanting her to keel over, we called the game, and declared Angela the winner, having taken the fewest shots. Karen decided SHE was the winner for taking the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude - that so rocks, great write up, I had no clue there was a card game version of quarters. I am 40 and when we played in high school it was a lot different. I really enjoyed the story, it sounds like it was a big hit and a great party. I say karen won.

Living in Costa Rica Jergermeister is one of the very few things I ask friends to bring down, now we can get it in the capital so I say I helped start the trend down this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I thought the only point of quarters was to get women drunk and naked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.