Popular Tags: [View All]
Subhan Michael Tindall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the annual xmas time game store that opens up in Pioneer Plaza every year. They are closing out for the year within 2 weeks, and have all stock at least 25% off. Mostly a bunch of Monopoly variants and party games, but they do have a few decent items (prices are based on memory of my quick walkthrough at lunch & do not reflect the 25% off
Age Of Empires III $69.95
Axis & Allies D-Day & Guadalcanal $44.95, maybe $49.95
Cities & Nights of Cataan & Seafareres of Cataan were I think $39.95 (maybe $44.95)
Zombie Flux $15.95

If you are interested I can double check prices tomorrow on my lunch hour (I work about 1 block from there).

Located near the escalator in the basement of the SE building of the Plaza, near the moonstruck chocolate booth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to know if this is still going on and what they've got left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subhan Michael Tindall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Websteria wrote:
I'd love to know if this is still going on and what they've got left.

As of 12:30 yesterday they had at least 1 copy of all of the above, 2 each I think of the Settlers variants, maybe 2 or 3 Twilight Imperium, several Zombie Flux, & some other stuff. Sale will be going on until the store closes, 2 weeks out maximum although the guy there (manager?) said he hoped to close sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the discounts increasing the closer they get to closing? I'd love to pick up TI for less than 25% off :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Favocci
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Go! Game store by me is now selling everything at 50% off. They didn't have much excepts 20 versions of monopoly and tons of jigsaw puzzles. I did manage to pick up Age of Empires III for $26 (an extra 10% off because the cellophane was ripped).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subhan Michael Tindall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on going in Monday or Tuesday & offering to buy several games if they'll give me 50% off on them, I'll keep y'all posted. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric fox
United States
birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
Here is a link to the store locater for them:

http://www.s-r-v.com/locations/default.asp

and the online store URL

http://www.gogamestore.com/servlet/StoreFront

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wife and I went down there today, with our "store owner" hat on, and found several good games, but nothing we couldn't already beat in price on our own site(with shipping combined in there). You've got to remember, they're knocking it down from FULL retail, so the new sale price you're seeing at these places is still more expensive then you can get with a decent promo code at any online site... Talk about an overpriced franchise!

Support your online store, not these fly-by-night franchises that pop up during the holidays and sell stuff at full retail, then go poof til next christmas!

I talked to the guy there about what he was going to do with his inventory come closing day, he said take it back to Tennessee where he came from, not even a local guy!! (btw I love Tennessee, but, they should sell stuff in Tennessee hehe)

Just my two cents...

Ed
Top Shelf Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hayes Ingraham
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Interesting, Ed.

I went by the Go Gamer in the Lloyd Center Mall, and all they had were a couple copies of Axis and Allies: Guadalcanal. Maybe other places are better stocked, because that mall is usually fairly busy.

I'm all about supporting good online stores. Especially any ones that might be carrying Last Night On Earth, which I can't find to save my life. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teresa Williams
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The one downtown still has a fairly good amount of stuff (ALOT of monopoly), but the guy was just not very friendly, spent 99% of his time on his cell in the corner ignoring everyone, seemed a bit miffed when I asked him a question hehe

Oh, and a slight retraction, my mind must have been doing that "new math" thing earlier, as my wife pointed out, they do indeed have SOME good deals. There, I hope she's happy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.