Pierre Paquet
Canada
Boischatel
Québec Province
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Since we had many good games with 3 or 4 players on Richard Irving's map we decided to give it a try with 2 players. We kept it simple as we remove one of the three parts (the northeasterm area) of the map and it gave it a good size for a 2 players game. We stayed with the same original rules and we played with the turn order rules of the Austria map. I'm not sure if I wrote it before but this rule from John Bohrer's map is our favorite for 2 players scenarios.

Pierre began the game with a purple urbanization in the west and Martin began in the centre of the map. On turn 2 Martin took the Japanese loco action and made a nice delivery . During this time Pierre was building a nice network but he had to pay high cost to cross some channels to link the middle portion of the map. When Pierre arrived near Martin's network it was already too late as Martin had already locked this area so no other player could connect the cities without paying a high cost. Martin had a good game and took the lead has he stole many goods from Pierre's cities and began to ship at 7 income with the modified loco. Pierre tried to slow Martin by taking the loco actin but it was too late as Martin had many loops in his network and was able to ship for high income until the end of the game.

For a first try on this map with 2 players, I can say that we had a good time. The size of the map and the rules were ok and everything worked well. The Japanese loco is still one of our favorite action.

Final scoring:
Martin: 105
Pierre: 92
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
mbmbmbmb
It's great to know that the Japan map works as a two-player map. Thank you for the report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.